Nothing about yesterday seemed like Ali's first day at her NEW school. We literally found out Tuesday afternoon the year round school we wanted Ali to go to started on Wednesday morning. We didn't make it Wednesday because I still had to register her, but she did go yesterday morning. Wow...what a whirlwind. We picked up school supplies the night before and didn't think we could fit much more in her backpack!
Ali has really really had the best attitude and she has been wonderful about this sudden and big change in her life! I am so proud of her. She was really excited yesterday to go and meet new friends. She has come a long way from her "separation anxiety" days, actually she ran into class and didn't even tell us bye. So...maybe it's me with the anxiety right?? As a parent there are just special times when you are so proud and these past 2 days, Ali has amazed me with her courage and attitude.
Secondly, these are not so typical first day of school pictures. Because some of you may know, Ali refuses to let me take her picture. She cringes when she sees my camera come out....that's why I am out taking pictures of other families children!!!
I know prayers are being answered. Thank you for keeping Ali in your prayers.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Not the Typical....First Day of School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute and what a special day for Ali (and parents). :)
She is adorable and you are lucky she still will wear the cute hairbows!
Year around school - I think would be great, especially for Makenna!
Janet and family
We are so proud of you Ali.
Love The Sykes
WOW! That was quick. How is she liking it? I know she will do great. How are things settling in for you and Phil?
When things calm down, let's meet.
Post a Comment