-noun
the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
1. The state or quality of being humble; freedom from pride and arrogance; lowliness of the mind; a modest estimate of one's own worth; a sense of one's own unworthiness through imperfection and sinfulness; humbleness.
Jam 3:13
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
I know that I use this blog to post pictures and share memories, but this word has been on my mind all week. I don't think we hear enough of this word and what it means. I am praying to be more and more humble daily.
Matthew 23:12
And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
hu-mil-i-ty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment